Search This Blog

Monday, November 23, 2015

Stop harping on my dubious native certificate or face legal action – Jimmy

KOTA KINABALU - Those who are still harping on the issue of Sabah DAP chairman Jimmy Wong's Sijil Anak Negeri or ridiculing the member of parliament about it are advised to stop doing so.

Failure to do so could result in legal action being taken against them, Jimmy said yesterday.

Speaking to reporters, the Kota Kinabalu member of parliament said some quarters were still poking fun at him over the issue.

Today the fun at my expense must end. Those who insist on continuing to do so face the risk of being sued by me. My lawyer is ready to sue anyone who continues to harp on the issue, he said.

Jimmy explained that he was still in possession of the Sijil Anak Negeri despite it being announced during a State Assembly sitting in 2012 that the document and his status had been revoked.

Whatever you want to say, it is still authentic. It means I have the right to be a native. If they want to cancel my Sijil Anak Negeri, they will have to inform me in writing. The Native Court must write to officially inform me but until today since April 9 2013, when my lawyer Amin Jaafar submitted the certificate to the Native Court for verification I have not heard anything from them, he said.

According to Jimmy, many holders of the Sijil Anak Negeri had expressed their worries that they might end up in the same situation as him and could have their certificates revoked without being informed about it officially.

I want to assure them that nothing has happened to me; my certificate is still intact. I want to challenge Chief Minister Datuk Musa Aman because if he still thinks it fit to cancel my Sijil Anak Negeri, then he should announce it personally. If they want to take back the certificate, then they must issue me with a letter citing their intention, he stressed.

Jimmy also said he and Sabah DAP secretary Dr Edwin Bosi had been assuring the government that he posed no threat to the security of the state or country.

Tens of thousands of illegal immigrants who (had) obtained Malaysian citizenship through dubious means have all become first class citizens in Sabah. They are the ones who pose a serious security threat to Sabah and the country. Why can’t you focus your energy on them? Why focus it on me? I am a politician, I am in parliament; if I do anything wrong you can arrest me.

The danger is not from Jimmy Wong; Datuk Musa, you can ask me to have coffee with you any time, I am of no threat to you. Why (do) you want to bother me? he said and advised those who have been asked to surrender their Sijil Anak Negeri to do so through a lawyer.

No comments:

Post a Comment