Saturday, August 13, 2016
Nine arrested for suspected terror activities
Inspector-general of police Khalid Abu Bakar said the two, Jasnizam Rosni and Md Saifuddin Muji, were among the six Malaysians and three foreigners picked up by the police on Aug 9 at a 'pondok' in a hilly area in Kuala Krai, Kelantan.
Jasnizam and Md Saifuddin are said to have abetted two others who had been charged earlier, and are said to be awaiting instructions to attack an entertainment center in Johor Bahru, according to Khalid in a statement today.
Following the arrest, police have also recovered a grenade in Rengit, Batu Pahat, which was to be used in the planned attack in Johor Bahru.
Khalid said two others were earlier arrested in Kuala Krai and Batu Pahat, said to be assisting in hiding Jasnizam and Md Saifuddin.
The IGP also said police apprehended a 17-year-old boy in Sabah who is related to the Islamic State militant group. He said the boy is awaiting instructions to behead non-Muslims in Sandakan.
“He has also threatened to kill the IGP in a post he made in Facebook,” he said.
Khalid said three foreigners were picked up in Kuala Lumpur on Aug 2, on the suspicion that they were using Malaysia as a transit to get forged travel documents to launch an attack in a middle east country.
The IGP also said police arrested a 26-year-old man in Johor who belonged to the same cell as those who planned the Movida attack.
The man is said to have received instructions from one Mohd Wanndy Mohamed Jedi, and was involved in a plan to attack Bukit Aman police headquarters and government buildings in Putrajaya.
All the suspects between the ages of 17 and 56 are being detained under the Security Offences (Special Measures) Act 2012 and are being investigated under the Penal Code for suspected terrorist-related activities.
Posted by wikisabah at 2:29:00 PM