Search This Blog

Friday, March 17, 2017

Dr Jeffrey shocked and disappointed being barred from entering Sarawak

KOTA KINABALU - Shocked and disappointed was how Sabah Star President Datuk Dr Jeffrey Kitingan described his feeling after being barred from entering Sarawak.

"I was shocked to be unable to go into Sarawak, they looked at my passport for quite a while and asked me to come to the office and told me that I was not allowed to go in.

"So I asked on whose order, to which they replied that it was orders from the State Government and when I asked them the reason, they said they do not know.

"I told them that I have been in and out of Sarawak, how come only now I am banned, they said they don't know but that it has been effective since February.

"I was quite disappointed that the new chief minister sees it fit to block me for no reason given, although I was there to chair a meeting but when I thought about it, they have the power, they have the right to do so, so I did not say much," he said.

He said this on Wednesday when asked about him being stopped by Immigration officers when he arrived at Kuching International Airport from Kota Kinabalu at about 6pm Saturday (March 11).

"The only thing is why would they block me? I am from the same land mass, if from the peninsula it would not be surprising especially about politics, but all this while I have been fighting for the rights of Sabah as well as Sarawak together, and the benefit goes to them.

"So, why would I be barred from entering Sarawak …am I dangerous?," he questioned.

Dr Jeffrey was on March 12 quoted as saying that he was to chair a meeting between Dayak leaders from Kalimantan and Sabah in Kuching.

The Sarawak government has stopped several politicians from entering the state in the run-up to the state elections last year. - Sherell Ann Jeffrey

No comments:

Post a Comment