Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Pacquiao, Matthysse arrive in KL ahead of title fight

KUALA LUMPUR - Two of the world’s biggest boxing stars, Manny Pacquiao and Lucas Matthysse, announced their arrival in style at a hotel here today ahead of their title fight at the Axiata Arena on Sunday.

Reigning World Boxing Association champion Matthysse and boxing legend Pacquiao were greeted by Philippines ambassador to Malaysia Charles C Jose and other VIPs.

Pacquiao, who has a large Filipino fan base in Kuala Lumpur, was greeted with cheers and chants from his supporters.

But despite his apparent advantage in support over Matthysse, Pacquiao isn’t taking things lightly.

“I’m focused on winning this fight. I will do my best,” he told reporters.

“I’m so excited to fight Matthysse, I want to put on a good show,” said the Filipino senator, who has been training in General Santos City in the Philippines.

Meanwhile, Matthysse who won his title in January in a technical knockout against Thailand’s Tewa Kiram, said he felt “relaxed and ready”.

“I’ve been training and am well rested. I’ve adapted to the time difference here,” he said, adding that he felt at home in Malaysia.

“I’ve been training really hard for this fight. I’m 100% confident.”

No comments:

Post a Comment