Search This Blog

Monday, July 30, 2018

Teo resigns as LDP president, Chin takes over

KOTA KINABALU - Datuk Seri Panglima Teo Chee Kang tendered his resignation as president of Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) in the Supreme Council meeting that he chaired in the party headquarters here yesterday afternoon.

Teo said the resignation takes immediate effect.

By virtue of the party constitution, deputy president Datuk Chin Su Phin is now the acting president who shall assume all duties and responsibilities of the president.

“As president, I take responsibility for the defeat suffered by the party in the 14th General Election,” said Teo in a statement yesterday.

He said his political convictions and principles stay, but it is time for him to give way to allow the party to reinvigorate itself.

“I wish to thank all party leaders both in central and divisional levels, youth movement, women movement and all members who have given me their support in the last five years when I helmed the party.

“I also extend my profound gratitude to all friends of LDP who rendered assistance and support to the party without expectation of any return favour.

“I would like to specially thank the people of Kudat who gave me their mandate in the 12th and 13th General Elections that enabled me to serve as their state assemblyman for 10 years,” he said.

Teo also urged all party members to stay united and give their undivided support to Chin to lead the party, especially in these challenging times.

He is confident that as a Sabah-based party which has been through the ups and downs in the last 29 years, LDP will continue to stay relevant provided that we persevere and stay firm to our cause.

Source: Borneo Post

No comments:

Post a Comment