Search This Blog

Monday, August 18, 2014

Dr M withdraws support for Najib govt

Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today lashed out at Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s administration, saying he has been “forced” to criticise the prime minister for performing no better than his predecessor, Tun Abdullah Badawi.

“Many policies, approaches and actions taken by the government under Najib have destroyed interracial ties, the economy and the country’s finances,” wrote Dr Mahathir today on his popular blog, chedet.cc.

Dr Mahathir said he had hoped Najib would learn from his poor performance in the last general election, but it appeared he had not as there were no changes in policies and approaches to running the country.

“I have tried to give my views to him directly, which is also the views of many people who have met me.

"I have no choice but to withdraw my support. This has not been effective so I have to criticise,” he said.

The country’s longest serving prime minister said if no one else wished to speak out against the administration, then he would take it upon himself to criticise Najib, even if it meant opening himself up to abuse.

He added that he had similarly reproached Abdullah as well as Malaysia's first prime minister Tunku Abdul Rahman.

“It is not because I do not love my leaders. But I love my people and country more,” he wrote in his blog.

1 comment: