Search This Blog

Thursday, December 25, 2014

In a U-turn, PKR 'very sick' Roland decides to stay on

Inanam assemblyman Dr Roland Chia has decided to remain in his seat claiming following advise from party leaders, family and friends.

“Initially, I expressed my intention to resign as I was worried that I may not be able to serve the constituents of Inanam due to my medical condition.

“As my illness continues to be a thorn in my flesh, I weighed out my options with a heavy heart.

“It would be very unfair to the people if I am unable to give them my best efforts,” he said in a statement Thursday.

However he said, after considering advice and suggestions from family, friends and party members, he had decided to stay on.

“I will try my best to meet the expectations of the people of Inanam,” he added.

On Dec 17, Dr Chia expressed on his Twitter and Facebook accounts his intention to quit as the Inanam assemblyman due to health reasons.

He thanks family, friends, political comrades, supporters, churches, community members and Inanam constituents for their prayers and support in his ill health.

Dr Chia, a dental surgeon by profession, won the Inanam seat in the May 5 general election last year with a 3,202 vote majority in a three-way fight.

He secured 8,926 ballots while Barisan Nasional’s Joseph Paulus Lantip of Parti Bersatu Sabah obtained 5,724 votes and Eric Majimbun of the Sabah Progressive Party received 5,003 votes.

1 comment: