Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 16, 2020

Likas woman candidate harassed by Warisan men during walkabout

The Bully Jacky Ho
KOTA KINABALU: Barisan Nasional’s Likas candidate Dr Chang Kee Ying kept her cool even though she was harassed by two men from Warisan during her walkabout in the city on Tuesday (Sept 15).

The 32-year-old MCA member said she does not feel threatened because she had already prepared herself for such incidents when she decided to take on the challenge to become a candidate in the Sept 26 state polls.

“I am alright. I will continue my struggle and serve the people. Don’t worry, I am fine. In fact, I do not feel that I was harassed, because I know that this is something I would face in politics, ”said Dr Chang when contacted.

Dr Chang added that it is normal for people to try to scare or bully their opponents, especially during polling season.

In the incident, she was going around coffee shops trying to greet people and explain what MCA is trying to do when two tall, well-built men suddenly stood up and started berating her with questions.

One of them had asked her what MCA has done during the Covid-19 pandemic for the people of Sabah and frontliners, and then asked whether MCA has been serving the people well.

Dr Chang answered their questions calmly despite the way the men kept talking to her, adding that she will not be stopped by this incident.

“I will not let this incident stop me from doing my campaign rounds or serving the people, ” she said.

Dr Chang

Dr Chang added that while people may think she is new in politics, this is not the case as she has been a member of MCA for quite some time and has been involved in their programmes.

Dr Chang will be going up against incumbent Tan Lee Fatt of DAP-Warisan Plus, Lu Siau Wee @ Jeff (PCS), Daniel Isaac Hoong (Usno), Chong Chee Vui (PPRS), Sim Fui (LDP) and Independent candidate Melanie Chia come Sept 26.

No comments:

Post a Comment