Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Nazri to Chin Woo school: Fight me and I'll 'kill' you

Tourism and Culture Minister Mohd Nazri Abdul Aziz has warned SJK (C) Chin Woo in Pudu not to lay claim to the land belonging to the ministry, or it can expect trouble.

"You fight with me, I fight you, I kill you. I take back the land, don't mess around with me. It's  government land, it's my land," Nazri told a press conference in Kuala Lumpur today.

"There no law in the world to say that you (can) enclose the land, steal my land for 30 years and say is yours. You go to court.

"But if you are prepared to come and admit (you've) made a mistake and you are requesting (use of the land and ask to) lease (it), okay, I wil sit and talk, say 'Yes, no problem'.

"See, I am very reasonable. I (will) say 'write to me', (then) say 'Yes, no problem'. See, I'm reasonable.

Don't fight with me (as it) is my land, I'll kick you out."

He was referring to the school's adamance on keeping a plot of land that belongs to the ministry.

The school built a basketball court on the site 30 years ago.

Nazri said the school should first acknowledge that the land belongs to the government, and then he would be willing to work out a reasonable solution.

"Come to see me, (and say) ‘I'm sorry, I've enclosed your land for 30 years (and) let cars park there’ - (then) I lease (the land to you) for 20 years. No problem.

"We (are open) to negotiations, I am not unreasonable," Nazri said.

By Abdul Rahim Sabri

No comments:

Post a Comment