Search This Blog

Monday, February 10, 2014

Actress in Teresa's video summoned by police

Actress Lim Ching Miau, who starred as ‘Mrs Jit’ in Seputeh MP Teresa Kok's controversial Chinese New Year video, has been ordered to make a statement to the police tomorrow.

"I was summoned under Section 111 of the Criminal Procedure Code (as a witness), to give a statement to the police at 2pm tomorrow," said Lim, 32, who starred as a feng shui expert in the 'Onederful Malaysia' CNY 2014 video.

"I imitated Lydia Shum (a late Hong Kong comedian and artiste). I don't know how I ended up becoming Rosmah (Mansor, the wife of Prime Minister Najib Abdul Razak).

“I thought I look just like Lydia... I have watched her (acting) ever since my childhood," she said.

According to Wikipedia, Lydia Shum was famous for her portly figure, signature dark-rimmed glasses and bouffant hairstyle.

The controversial video was uploaded to YouTube on Jan 27, and made reference to diamond rings, branded handbags and real estate in New York, which viewers may associate with Rosmah’s penchant for luxury goods and her son, Riza Shahriz Abdul Aziz’s 2012 purchase of a RM100 million apartment in New York.

Kok was being investigated under Section 505 (B) of the Penal Code and  Section 233 (1)(a) of the Communications and Multimedia Act, for allegedly making statements which insulted national leaders.

Lim was equally affected by the controversy as beside being called as witness, a few other jobs have been cancelled so far.

“I wish the incident will end soon, two of my jobs were cancelled and a few others put on hold, and this has caused me to lose a few thousands ringgit,” she told Malaysiakini.

Living from paycheque to paycheque

“As artistes, we live from paycheque to paycheque... now I have to eat s**t," she claimed exaggeratedly.

“I am a professional actress. When I accept a job, I will be fully committed. We actors and actresses plays different characters, sometimes good and other times bad. It will be strange to impose restrictions on the profession.

Lim rose to fame for a role she took in local Chinese movie ‘Ice Kacang Puppy Love’ four years ago, and is now often invited to take part in commercial advertisement jobs and movies.

“If I disappear, remember to come and get me, as the police had come to me, you guys know?” said Lim in being the first of three main artists in the video to break their silence through Facebook on Feb 7 about the latest development.

“This was a joke, none of us took part in 88 Kopitiam,” she laughed when asked about RTM’s suspension of the sitcom where the artist in the video had allegedly taken part in the sitcom.

“Lim will need to turn up at Kuala Lumpur Police Contingent Headquarters tomorrow, she was served a notice today. But she is a witness, not a person being investigated,” said Aaron Lee, lawyer who represents Lim.

Beside Lim, two other actors in the video will be called by police as well, he said.

Msiakini

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THE FILM TANDA PUTERA PROMOTED UMNO MEI 13 POGROM AGAINST MALAYAN CHINESE BUT NEITHER THE DIRECTOR NOR ACTORS WAS NOT HARASSED BY POLICE BUT IN FACT UMNO PRAISED THEM.

    ReplyDelete