Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Two dead, three injured after inhaling gas at ammonia plant

Two men died and three others were injured after allegedly inhaling a large amount of gas while carrying out maintenance work at the Sabah ammonia urea project in Kota Kinabalu, reported The Star.

The incident took place when the five, including a Malaysian, allegedly released the gas from a pipe and were too near the source when the incident happened at about 9.30am.

Sipitang police chief Deputy Supt Ag Md Arsad Ag Bakar, who confirmed the incident, said it (the released gas) would not affect the surrounding areas.

Petronas Chemicals Group Bhd is expected to release more information on the incident soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment