Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2016

Harith leads Funniest Person in the World contest

PETALING JAYA - Funny man Harith Iskander is leading the race in the first round of the Funniest Person in the World contest.

At press time, Harith currently has more than 1.8 million points with fellow Malaysian Dr Jason Leong at over 1.5 million.

Points for the first round are tabulated by combining the likes, shares and follows of each individual comedian’s video on the voting website.

“I’m not resting on my laurels just yet and I know Dr Jason is not going to give up either.

“The support so far has been tremendous. Total strangers that I’ve bumped on the street have told me that they voted and were rooting for me.

“For that I am eternally grateful,” said Harith yesterday.

On preparations for his stand-up routine should he make the second stage, Harith has faith that his own brand of humour will see him through to the final round.

“I know how to present Malaysia in a taste that they will understand and laugh with. We all kind of laugh at the same things, it’s just how well you deliver it.

“At the end of the day, humour is universal,” said Harith.

The Funniest Person in the World contest is organised by Laugh Factory, a global comedy chain in the United States.

No comments:

Post a Comment