Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Apologise Or Face A RM100m Suit


KOTA KINABALU: Sabah Indian Muslim Chamber of Commerce and Industries President, Datuk Baisul Khan, wants an apology from Luyang DAP State candidate Dr Hiew King Cheu for allegedly implying that he was an illegal immigrant, failing which he will file a RM100 million legal suit.

He was referring to a political campaign leaflet by Hiew in which Baisul claimed his picture was partially featured.

"This picture is indirectly telling I'm an illegal immigrant. Actually I'm a Malaysian who came here from Semenanjung Malaysia in 1970 as a teacher in St John's Secondary School, Tuaran where I taught some of my students who are State ministers now."

"So I'm wondering why he put my picture in the pamphlet and say I'm an illegal immigrant. He shouldn't simply for political purposes sell my name."



He said this during a meeting at the Daily Express office in Tanjung Aru, Saturday.

"I'm the Deputy Chairman for Malaysian Red Crescent Society Sabah and I'm also the Sabah Indian Muslim Chamber of Commerce and Industries President and a Putatan Councillor and a Datuk, so I'm a public figure, and when it comes out like this, it will imply I'm an illegal immigrant.

"He has simply put the picture in (the pamphlet) which I'm not happy about.

So either he apologises or I will sue him for RM100 million for discrediting my name."

Baisul said if Hiew felt he was an illegal he must prove that he was an illegal in the first place.

"I'm not an illegal but a former teacher in the State in the 70s. This means I have been 43 years in Sabah.

So he shouldn't have sold me for political reasons."

No comments:

Post a Comment