Search This Blog

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Mustafa dares ‘big mouth’ Guan Eng to debate

“He’s lying and he has a big mouth. I can prove that he’s lying. Just set up the debate.”

PAS Secretary-General Mustafa Ali has issued a statement saying he is ready to debate with DAP Secretary-General Lim Guan Eng over the issue of who is lying in their exchanges on the implementation of local government elections.

“The issue is simple,” he said. “I challenged him to a debate because he has accused me of being insincere. I accused him of lying and/or being a liar. In fact, he is lying and he has a big mouth. I can prove that he’s lying. Just set up the debate.

“The only one who appears to understand this issue, although I have yet to meet him on this, is Shah Alam MP Khalid Samad.

“Khalid understands that this issue is personal, between Lim and me, and he has suggested that we meet and sort it out.”

Mustafa was commenting on various reactions especially from Bukit Bendera MP Zairil Khir Johari and DAP National Organizing Secretary Anthony Loke on the issue between him and Lim. “Either they don’t understand or they do not want to understand.”

“This is an issue of integrity,” continued Mustafa. “I have been accused of being insincere and if true, I am not qualified to sit in the Pakatan Rakyat Leadership Council.

“Likewise, Lim has been accused of lying and/or being a liar. If true, he’s not fit to be in the council.”

The integrity issue, he added, was important as it involved PR’s interests and must be settled. “I don’t want to involve other PAS leaders. I challenged Lim but Zairil and Loke are perhaps trying to divert the issue, don’t understand what it’s all about or don’t want to understand.”

Mustafa said that there was no need for him to challenge Umno or Barisan Nasional leaders, as suggested by Loke, since the issue did not concern them. “There’s no need to take the matter to court either, as Zairil has suggested. Going to court is a long drawn out process.”

No comments:

Post a Comment