Search This Blog

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Yong: I never took away 900,000 acres of land and did not abolish the 400,000 Yayasan share certificates

KOTA KINABALU - In referring to Tan Sri Harris Salleh’s statement on Saturday in the Daily Express, Sabah Progressive Party (SAPP) president Datuk Yong Teck Lee said:

"It is a sign of a confused man to say that I, through my, “(Yong’s) actions in taking away over 900,000 acres (of land) reserved for Sabahans and the abolition of over 400,000 Yayasan Shares certificates”.

"I never did take away the lands reserved for Sabahans nor did I abolish the Yayasan Shares certificates," Yong added.

In fact, my relatively short tenure as Chief Minster from May 1996 to 1998 saw the approvals of 48,000 cases of lands to Sabahans, mostly Native Titles.

Tan Sri Harris should ask the current Sabah Government to release all data and records of approvals of lands from 1963 till now to see who has approved lands to who and taken away land from who.

Further, Tan Sri Harris can call on the Sabah Government to tell all what had happened to the Yayasan Sabah Shares certificates.

In the past, I had brushed aside lies against me because I had thought that nobody would believe the lies. But over time, the lies like the one about the SAS fiasco spread by ex-Deputy Chief Minister Dr. Yee Moh Chai, came to be taken as true.

"Therefore, we should ensure that truth shall prevail over lies like that of the “RM50 million” bribe," said Yong.

2 comments:

  1. Can sue Harris for defamation...but beware, he has all the connections with the court and judges..money matters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Harris in his last days...he should be making something good for our Sabahans...if not, he will be cursed even when he is 6 feet underground.

    ReplyDelete