Search This Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Muhyiddin: I won't shut up on 1MDB

Ousted deputy prime minister Muhyiddin Yassin said he would not seal his lips on issues like 1MDB, as it is the concern of the people.

He said he felt he had done nothing wrong even though his friends had warned him that his post of deputy president of Umno might be at stake.

"They said 'Tan Sri, now you are no longer the deputy prime minister, please speak nicely (of 1MDB). Who knows - there might be people who want to find fault so much, that your deputy president post might be threatened.’

"I said I won't keep quiet. As a deputy president why should I? I need to speak up," he said during his speech at the Kluang Umno division annual general meeting.

Muhyiddin said there are people who have accused him of being a traitor for speaking on 1MDB.

He said that his detractors should be able to tell that he had no desire to topple the government.

"I have talked for thousands of hours, no one ever took to the streets. Surely, they would not do that now. I am after all, still the Umno deputy president.

"Since when did I plan to topple the government? Two days after the removal, I did't go anywhere. Just sitting at home doing nothing. Many visited me, but not many division heads came though," he said.

Until now, eight Umno division have cancelled the invitations for Muhyiddin to officiate their annual general meetings, despite the fact that he is still the deputy president.

However, the Johor chapter of Umno appear to still hold him in high regard as he was once Johor menteri besar.

No comments:

Post a Comment