Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 9, 2018

DAP candidate Chan Foong Hin made a ridiculous claim Yong’s been ‘missing’ in Kota Kinabalu

I’ve been around city area and I’m not invisible, says SAPP president Yong Teck Lee.

Yong Teck Lee said he had been attending functions, going to courts and police stations, going to my favourite coffee shops and driving around Kota Kinabalu.

KOTA KINABALU - Sabah Progressive Party (SAPP) president Yong Teck Lee has laughed off Sabah DAP secretary Chan Foong Hin’s claim that he is not fit to be Kota Kinabalu MP as he has been “absent” in the capital city.

Yong said he found the claims that he has been “missing” in Kota Kinabalu for the past five years amusing.

“I live and work in KK. I have been attending functions, going to courts and police stations, going to my favourite coffee shops, driving around KK, dutifully paying my house assessment rates and parking fees.

“And I know I haven’t become invisible,” he said in a statement.

“I wonder how a Tawau visitor can say that I have been missing for five years,” added Yong in reference to Chan, who is the incumbent assemblyman in Sri Tanjong, a state constituency in Tawau.

“He is a visitor to KK and so he would not know I have been around in KK all the while,” Yong added.

Yong, who is contesting in the Kota Kinabalu federal constituency in tomorrow’s general election, said as far as he knows, the only missing representative is Chan’s DAP colleague Jimmy Wong, who is the incumbent KK MP.

“I am neither missing nor an elected representative,” quipped Yong.

“He (Wong) is the one who has actually been missing for five years. So Chan may have gotten us mixed up,” said Yong.

He said the “outrageous claim” indicated Chan’s desperation to cast him in a bad light.

Both Yong and Chan, along with BN’s candidate Dr Joseph Lee, are contesting for the Chinese-majority urban constituency.

Incumbent Wong will stand in Sri Tanjong, a seat he won in the 2008 general election. - FMT

No comments:

Post a Comment