Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Toy puppy sings 'F' word

British Mum Leigh McPherson bought a singing toy puppy for her baby daughter - and was horrified when it started swearing.

The cuddly My Pal Violet turned the air blue when Leigh pressed its paw to trigger its first song.

It sang: "If you're happy and you know it f*** with me, if you're happy and you know it f**k with me, if you're happy and you know it and you really want to show it f*** with me!"

Leigh, 20, of Banbury, Oxon, said: "I couldn't believe it. I played it back three or four times. There is no mistaking what Violet is saying."

The single mum, who hoped the £22 toy from Asda would help four-month-old Mia talk, has now contacted the makers. She said: "The toy is American so the voice has a US accent. They say it's actually saying 'bark'.

But to anyone in the UK it sounds like the F word. They are sending me another model they say definitely doesn't swear."

Leigh added: "The biggest problem I've got now is my friends, who all want to play with Violet because they think it's hilarious."

LeapFrog Toys apologised. A spokeswoman said: "To avoid future voice misinterpretations a new recording is now on the shelves." - www.dailymail.co.uk

To hear the song, click http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1348156/Singing-puppy-toy-My-Pal-Violet-turns-air-blue-letter-ditty.html

No comments:

Post a Comment