Search This Blog

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Three men get 28 years' jail each, 48 strokes of cane for rape

KLANG: Three men who brutally raped a mother of seven were sentenced to 28 years in jail each and a total of 48 strokes of the cane.

Y.K. Gajehindran, 26, J.T. Malvin Isaac, 24, and P. Aravinthiran, 22 were found guilty of raping the 38-year-old victim as she was walking to work at a factory on the day of the incident.

The incident occurred between 6.45am and 8.30am at some bushes near Jalan Kebun Nenas 2H/KS7, Bandar Putera Klang in Klang on Feb 11, 2010.

In her Victim Impact Statement (VIS), the victim said she was traumatised and suffered nightmares after the incident.

"I did not leave my house for one and a half years because I am ashamed. My lip was torn from the beating and I had to use a straw to drink for two weeks. Eating was difficult.

"What did I do to them that they treated me like an animal?" she said tearfully.

The victim said the incident haunted her and she was troubled with marital problems as it was hard for her to be with her husband intimately.

Sessions Court judge Ahmad Fairuz Mohd Puzi meted out the sentence on the accused after finding their defence a bare denial which failed to raise a reasonable doubt.

STar  online

No comments:

Post a Comment