Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2015

Pandikar admits meeting Dr M but denies quitting

KOTA KINABALU - Tan Sri Pandikar Amin Mulia has denied telling Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad he had quit the Dewan Rakyat Speaker's position.

Pandikar said he only related his frustrations regarding certain Dewan Rakyat sittings to the former Prime Minister, where petty issues often took centre stage while more important matters were ignored.

"I never said I wanted to resign," said Pandikar.

However, he acknowledged that he had met Dr Mahathir about the country's political situation.

"I don't want to disrespect him. All I want to say is that I have not resigned and will be chairing the Parliament sitting tomorrow (Monday)," said Pandikar when met by reporters in Kota Belud on Sunday.

Pandikar also refused to comment if he did send any letter to Prime Minister Najib Tun Razak informing him of his intention to resign the Speaker's post.

"If I did send any letter, that is between me and the Prime Minister. It doesn't concern anyone else," said Pandikar.

Late Saturday, Pandikar issued a statement to rebuff Dr Mahathir's claim that he had quit as Dewan Rakyat speaker.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete