Search This Blog

Friday, August 2, 2013

Anwar To Give Preliminary Evidence To RCI In KL

KOTA KINABALU - Opposition leader Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim will give a preliminary evidence to the Royal Commission of Inquiry (RCI) probing the issuance dubious ICs in Sabah, in Kuala Lumpur tomorrow.

Anwar, who confirmed this, said he was prepared to give full cooperation to the RCI panel in the interest of all parties.

"Before this, I had volunteered to testify to the RCI panel, and I was scheduled to provide the preliminary evidence at 3pm in Kuala Lumpur tomorrow.

"After that, they will set a date for me to testify in the RCI proceedings (at the Kota Kinabalu High Court).

"My evidence revolves around only on what I know and what I didn't know during my tenure as deputy prime minister and finance minister," he told reporters after meeting Parti Keadilan Rakyat (PKR) state leaders here before breaking his fast with them here, Thursday.

The RCI, which began in January, is investigating claims that citizenship was given to illegal immigrants in Sabah during former prime minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad's administration.

On Sabah PKR leadership, Anwar said the matter would be decided at the party's supreme council meeting next month.

Sabah PKR liaison committee is currently headed by Tamrin Jaini.

No comments:

Post a Comment