Search This Blog

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Anifah 'offered' RM100 million bribe and DPM's post

Foreign Minister Anifah Aman, a brother of Sabah Chief Minister Musa Aman, claimed in the Kuala Lumpur High Court on Thurs that he was offered RM 100 million and the Deputy Prime Minister’s post by a businessman to defect to the Opposition led by Anwar Ibrahim.

The catch was that he had to bring along 10 MPs from the Barisan Nasional in Sabah to spark off the 16 Sept 2008 People’s Revolution to seize the reins of power in Putrajaya from the BN.

Answering a question from his counsel, Muhammad Shafee Abdullah, he named the person as Ishak Ismail, the former KFC chairman.

Ishak, he further claimed, made him the offer at the Hilton Hotel in KL Sentral.

“I was upset about the offer and felt it was cheap as I was a three-term MP. I told Ishak ‘don’t you ever repeat those words’,” said Anifah.

“I had stated in my speech in parliament in May 2008 that I rejected a post as a deputy minister as I was upset with the federal government (under Abdullah Ahmad Badawi) for not giving recognition to MPs from Sabah and Sarawak.”

No comments:

Post a Comment